Sunday, September 12, 2010

Well Hello There :)


Hi! First post of a new blog, don't you just love new beginnings? Although I have to admit this new beginning feels like the most challenging, and overwhelming beginning I think I have ever taken on. The journey to a gluten free, casein free world. I started this journey about a month ago, well really long before that...but I seriously committed to it about a month ago. In 4 weeks Ive fell off the wagon numerous times. Its actually a little embarrassing. But I need to let go of the all or nothing mentality...because its so not working for me. So I thought what better way to get serious, or more like keep record of what works and what doesn't...than to blog it. Writing about my ups and downs, and finding others in the gluten free community can only be beneficial to me. And who knows maybe my losses and successes could help someone else's journey one day.

I am very new to this world, so bare with me while I learn the basics. This is a whole new language Im learning! In the short time that I have been experimenting I have seen a small glimpse of how gluten/dairy effects me physically and mentally. Every day my mind races about the pros and cons of becoming gluten free, and it didn't take me long to come to the conclusion that living a more healthy, holistic, gluten free lifestyle is the only answer at this point! While at times it feels like a last resort (although Im trying to change my mind frame on that)....it also feels like the answer Ive been looking for these past 4 years! Could I possibly feel healthy again? That alone inspires me beyond anything I could imagine! Im looking forward to feeling healthier in the upcoming year. Im ready for this challenge, and to transform into a new healthier me!

No comments:

Post a Comment